Axios has learned that the administration is considering an emergency request to Congress for $2.2 billion in federal aid for Medicaid expansion and that the request would require approval by the House, Senate, and White House.
If the request is approved by the President, the funds would be used to fund Planned Parenthood.
This request would also require approval from the Senate.
The President is expected to make a decision on this request by the end of next week.
The move would be a blow to Medicaid, a program that provides health care coverage to millions of Americans.
Congress has not appropriated any funds for Medicaid Expansion, but it does have the power to impose restrictions on how the federal government funds it.
The Senate is expected on Tuesday to take up a budget proposal that would cut off funds to Planned parenthood.
According to a memo written by White House budget director Mick Mulvaney, the proposal would “end the Medicaid expansion through 2020, while giving states flexibility to negotiate for more funding.”
This move would devastate the Medicaid program and, in turn, many of the women who rely on it for care and assistance.
According the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), there are about 4 million Planned Parenthood patients nationwide.
The Planned Parenthood Federation of America estimates that as of February, there were more than 1.1 million new Medicaid patients who have recently enrolled.
If these numbers are accurate, the number of Medicaid expansion patients would be about 2 million, or one in four.
If this figure is true, it would represent nearly 40 percent of all Medicaid patients in the country.
The Congressional Budget Office estimates that this is about $1.8 billion in cuts over a 10-year period.
According an analysis from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Medicaid expansion is projected to cost the federal treasury about $6 billion annually over that period.
In a letter to the White House, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called the proposal a “reckless, cynical, and reckless attack on our most vulnerable populations.”
She added that this would “devastate the health of millions of women and men.”
In a statement, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards said the plan “is an attack on women and families.”
“We are committed to providing safe, affordable, high-quality health care to every American.
If President Trump and Congress continue to ignore the facts, the women and their families who rely most on Planned Parenthood are at greater risk,” she said.
“This plan would do nothing to protect the women it’s meant to help, and it would do a disservice to the thousands of women, their families, and communities across our country who rely upon Planned Parenthood for lifesaving health care.
The only thing worse than cutting women off from safe and affordable health care is defunding Planned Parenthood and denying the health care that they need.”
The President has previously proposed a bill that would eliminate the Medicaid Expansion.
However, that bill was never sent to Congress and was never put to a vote.
On Monday, the White, House, and Congressional Budget Offices said that they will hold hearings on the matter, but did not specify what will be discussed.
According, the Congressional Budget office found that the funding request could reduce access to affordable health coverage by up to $900 million over 10 years, as well as prevent women from accessing health care in the emergency room, prevent access to preventive care, and limit the ability of Medicaid recipients to access other health care services.
“These cuts would disproportionately impact women of color, low-income people, and the elderly, among other vulnerable groups,” said Stephanie Smith, president of Planned Parenthood Advocates, a national organization that represents women’s health.
“We need the White and Congressional budgets to be transparent and transparently explain the impact on women, families, Medicaid beneficiaries, and our health care system and we are calling on them to do the right thing and address this devastating budget proposal.”
The decision on funding for Planned Parenthood is expected at a Budget Hearing on Tuesday at 8:00 a.m.
ET, according to a statement from the Office of Management and Budget.